Schools Accessibility Statement
We want everyone who visits our website to be able to access the full range of services available, regardless of their skill or technology.
How accessible the site is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible.
What to do if you have problems or queries
If you have any accessibility problems or feedback, please email email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you're not happy with how we respond, please contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Digital Strategy is committed to making our website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 we must ensure we do not unlawfully discriminate in our service delivery and make reasonable adjustments for people with disabilities where necessary. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility and usability of our site.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
Information about which areas of the website fail.
- form field labels: forms have missing or blank labels on form controls and fail success criterion 2.4.6
- background colours: some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3
As stated in the non-compliance section, the known issues are listed below:
- HTML – the underlying code used to create this website.
- CSS – used to describe how HTML elements are displayed on this website.
A program of work is now underway to address these issues and involves working with Durham County Council’s in-house developers/designers as well as third party functionality providers.
We aim to resolve the above items by September 2021.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs/documents (pre September 2018): PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 or documents that are not essential to providing our services
- pre-recorded audio and video published before 23 September 2020
- live audio and video
- interactive maps unless they provide core information
How we test the site
We re-assess a website or system for accessibility whenever it undergoes a major modification.
We check all new content we add.